Friday, January 11, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring...


No wait, the sun is shining already. But it was pouring really hard two minutes ago. That's what the weather is like here these days, changes in the blink of an eye.

This week I have been mostly gluing my fingers to a ceiling, and to some nice ceiling decorations I was supposed to be gluing into the ceiling. The days are long and I feel like I could sleep for a few of them and still feel tired. Ooh, whiny! It's one of those days when I miss home and family and friends and cats and just want to go back to Finland. But then again, I haven't had a proper da off since I started, so I am kind of tired now.

Other than that, I think I've adapted quite well to life in here. I tend to adapt to new situations fast, and it has been almost four weeks already (!!!). Time does fly when you have a lot to do. Geez. First month of six almost over!

What does surprise me is that I'm not spooked at all by the house (really old one, could be full of ghosts and stuff (full of spiders at least!)), but I'm not. I'm ok with going into the basements and attics and walking in dark corridors and taking the dogs out in the middle of the night when it's so pitch black everywhere that you can see the stars so brightly. It's actually very beautiful, and peaceful, not having noisy neighbours everywhere. The days are getting gradually longer, and hopefully warmer as well. We had a few very stormy days and nights here.

Still, I do miss home. One day at a time! ;)

Oh yeah, the picture is from the drive to the house, a road I walk at least four times a day when taking the dogs out.

1 comment:

Meliadhor said...

Hmmm... ghostly spiders? Have ye checked th' basement? :3

Lately I woked up at night because 'something' was howling under my bed.... Scary!