Thursday, April 17, 2008

Londonlondonlondonlondonlondonlondon

First things first, THIS BLOG NOW ACCEPTS ANONYMOUS COMMENTS AS WELL. I thought it automatically did that...

Second... LONDON! I got to go to London today! Iiihihihihihihiiiii. Had to go and get some art supplies for the bosses from this gorgeous shop. I wanted to stay there, or buy everything I could see. In the end I just bought a few new pens.

Anyhoo, when I first got there, to Paddington train station, I changed into the tube without leaving the station. So when I got out of the tube at Tottenham Court Road, the first thing I see of London above the ground, as I'm walking up the stairs, is a HUGE bronze coloured statue of Freddie Mercury, outside a theatre where they are showing a musical based on Queen's music, We Will Rock You. Have to go and see it one day.

First stop was the art supplies shop. From there I wandered to Oxford Street, where I got a bit lost while exiting a shop through a different door than I had entered it. Bought a very nice bag. ^^

It was starting to get a bit late by then, so I thought that I could either go and get something to eat, or go and see Freddie. That is to say, go where he used to live in Kensington. Well, you can eat any day, but visiting Freddie is a rarer occasion. So I chose that, and tubed to Kensington with the heavy luggage with me (had to get a LOT of stuff from the art supply shop). My MP3-player approved, it kept playing songs by Queen one after the other.

Almost got lost in Kensington again, but found the right place! I could remember it from my last visit in 2003. Left a small message on the famous green door to the garden, and left to find the nearest tube station... which wasn't so near. Walked past the hotel we stayed in in 2003 when we were on a school trip in London.

Then it was back to Paddington station with the tube. Rush hour crept upon me, and had to wait for a train that accepted my cheap day return ticket which is cheaper than normal ticket but valid only outside peak hours. The train back was absolutely full, I had to stand the whole hour it trotted through small villages, taking the long way around. Bu it didn't matter, I think I had a silly smile on my face the whole time I stared out of the window. I still do. Can't help it. I love London.

I'm trying to add some photos here but the damn Blogger won't let me for some reason... bah. Maybe next time. Now, my feet are hurting and I think I'll go put them up for a while. ^^

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kansa huutaa kuvia!! ^__^

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.