Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can't think of one...

Regarding my last post, I think cabin fever is the closest translation to mökkihöperö. I still haven't checked my dictionary for it, but that's what my brother thought and he's pretty darn good with English. Also, the lyrics actually go 'you're simply not in the pink, my dear', not 'into pink'. I think.

It's been very warm here for a few days now, bluebells are coming out as are many other flowers which names I don't know in English, like valkovuokko and voikukka. Spring! Trees are starting to turn green! But the weatherpeople were predicting that it will turn cold again this weekend. They usually get it wrong, though. They say it will rain, the sun is shining, and vice versa. I wish it would stay warm.

Umm, what else. Wednesday last week was my 100th day here, and I did some math in honor of that. There are two dogs here, and I walk them both twice a day. The road I take them down is half a mile in one direction, so a mile per dog per walk, since we have to get back to the house, of course. Two walkies a day, two miles. Two dogs, four miles. 1oo days of four miles a day means I've been walking for 400 miles with the dogs so far. That's about 600 kilometers. Shit! That's five times to London and back, or all the way from Kotka to Joensuu and halfway back. And how far I've gotten? Half a mile. Heh.

Got Poison Elves #80, the very last issue ever. It sucks that Drew, who was so hell bent on telling this story, died before he could finish it. And he was still so damn young.

Uh oh, back to work! o/

No comments: