Monday, September 1, 2008

London!

Here's some of my favourite photos/places from London. I have over 120 photos, and those are just the good ones. I love digital cameras...

Camden Town! From along the market street. The hotel I stayed in was very near, maybe a mile and a half away. I went to the market three or four times, and found myself a hat, a cool jacket and kickass shoes. They kill my feet.


A sign in St. James's park. I was disappointed when I didn't see any pelicans, but like my brother said... why would there be pelicans there when no-one feeds them?


If I'm not completely wrong, this is a monument to Queen Victoria. It's right outside Buckingham Palace anyway. See that blue sky? That's how the weather was when I was in London. Only one rainy morning...


London from above! Visited St. Paul's cathedral, and climbed from its bottom (the crypt! Oooh, spooky!) all the way to the top. 257 steps to the Whispering Gallery inside the cathedral, 119 steps up to the Stone Gallery, on the outside, and 152 more steps to the top, the Golden Gallery. This is taken from the top. Needless to say, the view is marvelous. I think it's about as high, or higher, than the London Eye, which you can see almost on the center of the picture, a bit to the left.


And St. Paul's cathedral itself. The Golden Gallery is a little below the cross at the top, on top of the dome. Well worth the ten pound entrance fee.


King's Cross station. ^^

Maaaan, I want to go back. And see the Phantom of the Opera again. *whine*

No comments: