Friday, November 7, 2008

Ranting and raving and carrying on

So the little virus problem was NOT cleared on Wednesday. Nope, not at all. Oh no. I asked for help with this thing, but one who could help apparently doesn't give a flying fuck, and another basically just points and laughs. "You just don't know how to use it." Thank you Captain Obvious. Why do you think I'm asking for help then?!

At least N and her man are trying to help. Thank you lovelies. Not that anything seems to get rid of the fuckers. N's man said I might have to re-install Windows and wipe the whole hard disk clean or something. Which would make me lose all the stuff on the computer. Can't save anything onto a memory stick, since the worms would infect those as well. Can it really be this fucking hard?!

I got all my stories, pictures, photos of London, everything on my computer! Of course I have copies of the stories (photos too, I think...) but not most of the pictures. I'm not completely stupid, even if this thing is making me feel like it.

Can't even play WoW. This whole week has been a complete pain in the ass, and now work is making me want to pull my hair out. "Find the files in this list here. They're not, of course, called the same thing they are on this list, and they can be either in the e-mails from 2005 to 2008, in files or in another computers." Five minutes later: "You're still not done? Well I'll go have a cup of coffee, call me when you're done."

Asshole.

I think I need booze. A lot of it. Need to get my alcohol tolerance to what it used to be... and what better time to start than now.

No comments: