Friday, October 31, 2008

Adventures in permanent ink

I got tattoo'd! 8D

I've been wanting a tattoo since I was quite young, but I never could decide on the picture. A few years ago I did find the perfect picture, and now it's finally on my hip. A bit achy, red and swollen still, so no photos yet.

Meant to get it done last year already, when N and I were in Oulu for a few days, but the tattooist there called us a few hours before our appointment that she'd missed the train she had a ticket for, and didn't have money for another ticket. So no can do. I decided to get it done later, but then that whole trip to England happened.

Now, soon after getting back, I decided that if I'm not getting tattooed NOW I'll never get it done. So I went to the local Igor's to ask about prices and such, and the guy said he could do it right there and then. Too bad that I didn't have time then; we agreed that he'd do it on the 13th.

13th arrived, and as I was walking to the tattoo place, he calls me and says he can't do it then. So we agree on Wednesday the 15th. Uh oh, I have to spend all of the following day in a seminar, and going to a friend for the rest of the week after that. Ok, let's move it to the 20th, then.

20th arrives, and... yeah. X) I'm at work, and the tattooist calls me that he's halfway across Finland and his car broke down, and therefore he won't make it here for 4 o'clock, so how about at six? I had already promised to be somewhere at six, but after several text messages I call him back, ok, at six it is then.

Few hours later he calls me again to say that his car is still not working, so how about when he makes it back here? I'll get the tattoo at half price. All right then.

A week passes and no word from him, so on Tuesday I went to the tattoo place, and the piercing girl made me an appointment with him on Friday at noon.

Friday arrived... I slept in since no work today, woo! and waited for the phone to ring and the whole deal to be postponed again. But, not this time. ^^

It didn't hurt as much as I would have thought... some spots did, and some I didn't even feel. Lying in that dentist's chair just made me sleepy. And I'm happy with it. ^^

Happy Halloween! \o/

No comments: