Thursday, March 5, 2009

PhotoShop Phun!

A friend of mine linked me to http://www.projectwoman.com/phototips.html and I tried a few simple but quite effective tricks and learned a lot of a program I've been using almost daily for, well, some seven years now...



Original photo, taken last summer on a late, sunny afternoon. I like the line of people falling down the base of the statue.



LAB colours fixed. That's how I remember it looking like!


And a sunset-version of the same image. I love really strong colours.

On a different note, I realized a little while ago that if I want to get over longing after London (which I do too much of, and which is not altogether a bright idea), it's not probably smart to have a large calendar with gorgeous photos of London right next to me, a poster of the Big Ben on my wall, to be reading books set in London all the time, not to mention writing (or trying to!) a story set in London... hell, I even have a playlist of songs that remind me of London.

At least I don't have a map of London on my wall... although, must admit, that's only because there's no space for it.

Regarding Sun-kissed, if anyone's reading this who might be interested, I'm thinking of a hiatus of few weeks, time off to try and find inspiration to write anything, and to get a bit of a backlog for it. Will see.

No comments: