Thursday, May 15, 2008

London again!

Yay I got to go to London again today! Blimey, only been about a month since the last time...

Went to Harrods first to get the bosses what they needed, and got utterly lost in there. Nice place, though. Bought some souvenirs for peeps at home. Then I walked over to the corner of Hyde Park and sat on the bank of the Serpentine for a while, eating some chocolate. It was a cloudy, gray day after about a week or two of sunshine and warmth.

From Hyde Park I headed back to Knightsbridge tube station and traveled to Westminster. Coming out of the station this was what I saw:

The Big Ben. ^^ Well, Big Ben is actually one of the bells in there, but anyhoo. Went over the bridge to the London Eye...


...and in it!

It looked like London stretches on endlessly in every direction, even when the day wasn't too clear.

I think we were at least twice the height of Big Ben when at the top of the Eye.

My shoes, and some ant poo. No wait, those are people. I like heights, but have to admit, my palms were sweating.

The Thames, towards south, I think.

And, because you asked for it, N, me. Hello!


Look, you can even see my natural hair colour! First time in years.

After half an hour of going around slowly in the Eye it was time to start heading back. So tubed it to Paddington, where I bought sushi (yum!), a small map book of London streets, and some sweets. The wasabi really went to my nose, as always. But it was good. Yum yum. Train was in time and full, had to stand most of the way. And when I got a seat, I nearly fell asleep and could have happily dozed past my stop.

Now it's evening again, raining a little after a nice good shower. Feet are hurting and I'm quite tired, but it has been a nice day, even though I couldn't enjoy London fully, since these 'days off' always come with a deadline: have to be back then and then to do this and that in the evening. I haven't had a full day off since I started here. But just a few more weeks to go! X Japan is in Paris on the 5th of July, and after that I go home or come back here only just for a few days. We'll see. Freedom will come!

No comments: