Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reading from Reading

To my great surprise, I got to go to Reading (the closest big city, 10 minutes in the train from the village) this afternoon. I had asked a few weeks ago whether I could go there one day to buy some socks, since there are no clothes shops in the village and I was down to my last two pairs or so. Walking around all day tends to wear out socks pretty fast.

I'd already bought a few pairs on my last trip to London, so I just went on a spending spree in the big mall called the Oracle. I bought some neat things for the X-gig: wrist warmers and a choker necklace; two dvd's: The Elephant Man and second 'season' of Hamish MacBeth; Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds' Dig, Lazarus, dig!!! -album (haven't listened yet but by the lyrics booklet, looks very interesting; and a few books, Jeff Lindsay's Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter plus M. C. Beaton's Death of a Dentist. That last one is one of the Hamish MacBeth series, and if you haven't seen the tv-show you've missed out! It's got Robert Carlyle, and he's always good. Except when he played Hitler. Oh, he played the part well, but you know what I mean...

Oh, I also bought... *drumroll* CHOCOLATE! From a place called Hotel Chocolat. Shelves and shelves full of all kinds of chocolaty goodness. I'm surprised they didn't have buckets all over the place to catch all the drool in.

The Oracle is only about five minute's walk away from the Reading train station, but there is still room for the city's only (at least that's what they claim) sushi restaurant on the way. And they make real good sushi there. Have to go and eat properly there next time, this time I just took a few cucumber bits as takeaway since had to get back here. Now it's after midnight, it's raining heavily outside, and I'm writing this while fighting with few drives and bridge port, since it apparently bloody well cannot wait until tomorrow morning. Bah.

Wish I had that chocolate here... *drools a little*

44 days to go!

Oh yeah, I told the boss last Wednesday that I won't be coming back when I go home in July. And today she started to ask why I want to go back to Finland, what's there for me, what my plans are. And that I am needed here. I know that, and I do feel rotten about leaving, in a way. But I need to go home. To get out. For one, it's half past midnight and I'm fighting with a fucking bridgeport! I've been here near six months by now, and I've been out of the house & village four times. I've not had a single proper day off since I started here. I've no time and very little urge to draw or write anything. And when I do get the urge, five minutes into it and I have to go and do something. I need my fucking life back, thank you!

So yes. I am going home and staying there.

Right now I have to go outside into the pouring fucking rain and take the bloody poppy seeds in. So, bye for now.

No comments: