Friday, August 15, 2008

It's the final countdown! ...again.

All day long I've had a Finnish song playing in my head. It's about how the last five kilometers before reaching a loved one's door are the longest ones. The last five days before leaving a rough job are also pretty damn long. Today has seemed to go on and on and on and on and on, despite that we've had a lot of work to do. In the morning me and the other girl relocated a ton of sand from place A to place B. It was surprisingly easy. And yes, there really was a ton of it.

After that we've been stacking wood and treating it with woodworm killer. Again. I tell you, if I never have to see (or smell!) woodworm killer (and wet-or-dry sandpaper) ever again as long as I live, I will be a happy hamster. Oh yes.

So the big, urgent thing I came back for was yesterday. Was I a lot of help? No, I basically stood there. I got to pick up a bowl, and to hold a post still for a while. And clean up after it was all done. Wahey. Yeah, really worth coming back for a month.

Ooh, I did finish a good, albeit quite confusing book yesterday. 'Rant' by Chuck Palahniuk (the guy who wrote Fight Club). N, I will make you read this book. 8D Then we'll go driving, even if you're obeying traffic laws now. ^^ I recommend Rant to all who like strange humour, quite unique characters (that's quite an understatement there...), creepy fairytales and thumb-tacks in their food.

I think that's all for today. Let's be careful out there. ^^

3 comments:

Arielle Fragassi said...

I liked Rant, it's one of my favorites of Chuck's books. Still not as good as Fight Club though. ;) I learned a lot about rabies in Rant, though I learn stuff in all his books. Snuff, his newest one, is okay, but not his best. I think he might be making Rant some sort of series, which would be awesome!

nowkku said...

No miehän luen mitä sie vaa nokan alle kannat ^^
Eikä oo pitkästi enää JCS:ään ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Kashii said...

A series of Rant would indeed be awesome! =D I couldn't put it down whenever I got a chance to read for a while. Today I bought Palahniuk's Diary, so that's next on my reading list.